Originally the home of a prominent Bryson City lawyer and judge, the Inn's main house provides common areas for conversation, board games, reading, television and each morning's breakfast.
The main and carriage houses were built in 1922, by the Honorable Judge McKinley Edwards, a decorated WWI Marine war hero.
His wife Annie Angel Edwards, a prominent business woman, designed and oversaw construction of the adjacent Edwards Apartments in 1940, which she managed for 46 years. Those apartments were later transformed into the Inn's 12 spacious guest rooms.
The Edwards family moved to Bryson City in 1920, where Counselor Edwards began a 40 year law career, during the course of which he defended 88 first-degree murder cases without a single death-penalty conviction.
Before becoming a Judge, Counselor Edwards argued many cases before the Supreme Courts of both North Carolina and the United States