McKinley Edwards Inn is an exclusive property where every guest's reservation is both important and special to us. An advanced payment of one nights stay plus tax is taken upon booking. If your travel plans change and you must cancel your reservation, please call us at least 14 days prior to your arrival date to cancel your reservation. You will receive a refund of your total deposit.
In the unlikely event that you must cancel with less than 14 days notice, you will be charged the equivalent to one night's stay. If you must shorten your stay or check out early, please understand that we must ask you to take responsibility for your entire reservation. If we can re book your room(s), a full or partial refund may be made.
In the event of another governmental shutdown due to COVID 19 or a variant, we will assist you in rebooking your reservation for a future date or send you a credit voucher in the amount of your deposit. The credit voucher is valid for one year from the date of your cancellation.
Rates/policies are subject to change and vary during high impact periods and special requests. A 30 day cancellation notice is required on whole house bookings, multiple room bookings and for some holidays and special events.
Check-in: 3:00 PM - 8:00 PM. If arriving outside of check-in times, please call to make arrangements.
Check-out: 11:00 AM.
Absolutely No Smoking inside; however designated outdoor smoking areas are available.
RATES & RESERVATIONS
Nightly rates are based on double occupancy. Additional adult guests in room are $10 per night per person. Children under 18 are free.
We offer a 5% discount for present and past military service members, First Responders, AAA members and AARP members. When booking online, please go to our Discount tab and add your discount. There is also an automatic 5% discount for same room stays that are three nights or longer.
We accept cash and all major credit cards.
Discounts do not apply to our Cottage in July or October.
We know that plans may change. However, in our location, we rely primarily on advance reservations, and cancellations are difficult to fill. So, in fairness to all concerned, please observe the following:
1) An advance deposit of one night’s rate (including tax) is required at time of reservation.
2) Deposit will be happily refunded or applied to a new date, if cancellation is received 14 days prior to arrival. Cancellations within 14 days of arrival will forfeit the deposit. Management will consider extenuating circumstances.
4) Please Note – It is up to the guest to handle all train reservation cancellations directly with the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad (GSMR). We cannot take on the liability of canceling the GSMR reservations. The reservations phone number is 800-872-4681, option 1.
All of our rooms at McKinley Edwards Inn are non-smoking. However, we do have several Smokers’ Outpost receptacles on the grounds. Smoking in the room will result in a $500.00 fine.
AVAILABLE PET FRIENDLY ROOMS
We have only four rooms and our Cottage which are designated as pet friendly. Please verify you ahve reserveed one of these rooms if you plan to bring a pet. There is a $50 pet fee per stay for each pet.(Maximum 2)
3:00 PM - 8:00 PM
If arriving outside of check-in times, please call to make arrangements.
At the time of booking, the first night's rate will be collected. Payment for all gift certificates will also be collected. Applies to: all reservations.
CHILDREN & PETS
Children are welcome with an accompanying adult. Children age 12 and under stay free. Pets are welcome. Pets must weigh under 75 pounds. McKinley Edwards Inn is a dog friendly facility. Due to our small size, we are only able to allocate 5 rooms and our cottage for dog owners. These are available on a first come, first served basis. All dog owners are responsible for any damage their pets may cause. There is a $50, non-refundable pet deposit required for each dog. Weight limit is 75 pounds and only two pets per room. Please be responsible and pick up after your dog. Please read our pet policy. You will be required to sign the policy upon check-in.
I have read and agree to the following:
• My pet(s) weighs 75 pounds or less.
• I understand that only two pets are allowed per guest room (total weight 75 pounds) .
• My pet’s vaccinations are up-to-date and he or she is free of fleas or ticks.
• My pet is not aggressive and is well-socialized with other animals and guests.
• I agree to clean up after my pet and properly dispose of any waste.
• I understand that my pets are not allowed on the furniture or bedding.
• As a pet owner, I am liable for any disturbances my pet causes to guests staying at McKinley
Edwards Inn. If I leave my pet unattended on the property, I do so with the knowledge my pet is
well behaved and will not disturb guest or destroy property.
• My pet will always be on a leash with a maximum range of six feet or in a carrier when outside
of the room.
• I understand that a non-refundable pet charge of $50 per pet will be charged for post-departure
room cleaning. I further understand that this fee does not include any additional costs which
may result from damage or need for excessive cleaning of soiled linens, carpeting or furniture. I
also agree that the condition of the room is based on the sole judgment of management upon
• I accept full responsibility for any liability arising from my pet (pet damage or personal injury to
hotel, hotel staff, guest, third party or property).
CREDIT CARD SECURITY
Your credit card information is stored and processed securely.